Tuesday 7 May 2013

Seedlings!

Sunday evening we dug, watered, sowed sweetcorn, courgette, lettuce, radishes and saw some purple sprouting broccoli seedlings that had produced two tiny leaves....
This evening I watered, sowed more sweetcorn, beetroot and some cucumbers, and wished  we had planted more onion sets. Saw Ken, who became my fairy godmother and opened the shed, where there was a sack of onion sets. I planted them, then chatted to a new person called Sharon, who said she had put in her asparagus only  a few weeks ago. So when I got home, I searched on line and hopefully 10 asparagus crowns (Gijnlim) will arrive soon from Asparagus in Kent. (I hope that's enough but I can always get more next year.) We still need to net those little plants ...the birds have been nibbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment