Sunday 7 July 2013

watering very early in the morning...

As it has been boiling hot with our mini heatwave; 3 hot days constitutes a heatwave after all the grey  sky and rain. I went to the plot very early this morning.





So I fed, watered, weeded and picked.
Yet another  kilo of strawberries; I'm sure the bindweed is acting as a natural net cus the birds haven't gorged the lot.
More blackcurrants and there are hundreds more to harvest...  (blackcurrant-sorbet.)
and... the first gooseberries.


gorgeous green globes. I searched for a gooseberry sorbet recipe and found one to try. http://www.cookyourdream.com/2011/07/gooseberry-sorbet.html

From the tasting as I make it, it should be as good as the strawberry one. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Long shadows as proof of how early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete