Wednesday 18 July 2012

A week has gone by

and rain, rain, rain.
My old and trusted 'Readers Digest', illustrated gardening from  1975, has been thrust aside. I have been thumbing through my new gardening manuals.


hamlyn, '200 veg-growing basics.'  A handy little book.
The 'RHS Allotment hand book.' Clear and simple.
'Grow something to eat every day.' by Jo Whittingham. - Fabulous, well laid out. With sections for each month. Ready to eat, what to sow, what to plant, what to harvest, what to do, and so much more.
and finally
'Companion Planting,' by Brenda Little. Which was all I hoped it could be.

I have to admit, I browsed through the gardening section at Waterstones to see what I liked. Noted down a few, then bought them on line. But I did go home with the 200 veg basics.
There were none there on companion planting, my primary objective. After all the 'Readers Digest' covers vegetables.

I won't be able to go to the plot for the next couple of weeks as we are away on our summer holls. No doubt it will be sunny and dry. I will take my books with me and dream. Then when we get back...the work starts in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment