Saturday 23 February 2013

We get digging

Yesterday, between the snow flurries I popped to the plot with some tools. I cut down the raspberry canes until the cold bit through my gloves and I had to concede to the elements.
Today the sun shone weakly for a moment so we dashed there and made a start. For some reason we seemed to be wearing our 19th century Russian peasant outfits. - Always a good look when gardening.





H moved the compost bin...




 ... whilst I made a start on the weeding. Soon, soon, we too will have that dark, crumbly soil that crops will love and grow in with abundance. Monet's Garden is my inspiration, nasturtiums and marigolds amongst the lettuces. But some simple rows of carrots, beans and potatoes will be fine for now.. plus some courgette and squash plants in the old compost patch. I'm planing where the asparagus bed will be. Yum yum.

2 comments:

  1. I will be following your blog avidly Annabel, as we have an allotment and trying to manage it with not much expertise! x Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'm a total nerd, I make notes and keep diarys, my bedside reading is gardening books in the hope something will sink in, lol. x

    ReplyDelete