Saturday 2 March 2013

Saturday digging

This morning, in bed with our coffee and the trusty old 'Readers Digest gardening manual';circa 1970, we planned our crop rotation and made copious lists of things to plant.
 I had popped to the plot in the week and made a tiny start on the digging and this afternoon H and I spent an hour or so methodically liberating the soil from the weeds. A couple of barrowfuls were dumped in the  'soon to be fruit cages' at the back. The dog munched on old carrots and helped by burying her ball. Lots more to be done, but slowly, slowly, does  it.

3 comments:

  1. I love it all and keep reading although not writing so much myself in recent weeks.
    I love your new plot.
    I love your dog.
    I love your peasant outfits - you're right; doing an allotment look really is the only way to go.
    Am jealous, not only because you have a chicken coop, but because I've been stuck here coping with my kitchen rebuild and NO gardening! Now it's done and I'll start getting life back to normal again - which means time at my beloved plot.
    Love that you're loving it.

    Top Tip - I limit myself to 2 hours when the weather is cold. It's too easy to get sick by getting carried away and staying too long!
    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Glad the kitchen is finished, I'll be over for a cuppa the next time I'm down your way.
      Yep, your right, I stayed too long and got the sneezes... will take your advice next time 2. hours max. xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Where's this week's photo.....?
    Hx

    ReplyDelete