Saturday 22 June 2013

blimey, can't stop popping there.

Yesterday, I just had to water the new plants, and do a bit of weeding.  Ken the lawnmower man was there and showed me the mower I could use for the back bit by the shed, so I had a little mow. Picked some radishes, some rhubarb, a couple of the little cauliflowers, some onions and some lettuce, for Alex...(oldest son, who has no dosh, so I thought a food parcel was in order.) Got home and the heavens opened. But it was sort of dry rain, so that was OK. 
The french beans are being a little slow in showing themselves... or I am being impatient? But the seeds are old. So, this afternoon, I bought a row to supplement them. Went to the plot to plant them and notice a bean just sprouting... hooray! Well, there will be lots to put in for Alex's future food parcels, that's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment