Tuesday 11 June 2013

so heres an update

I went in the week, the weather was hot. I weeded the strawberries, grrrrr lots of bind weed amongst other nasties, I pulled it, then hoed it.


Till it looked much better, then weeded and earthed up the potatoes

and generally hoed. I met the lovely old guy from next door. He comes very early so we hadn't met before. He had brought his wife to see the plot. (I think she is very ill, ) she enjoyed looking at his beautiful spot. He had lots of good tips.
 
Sunday afternoon we went again for hours, the weather was a bit chilly but the hard work soon had the jumpers off. 

I had bought some seedlings from a local nursery. I have got some tomatoes and peppers growing in the green house to plant out later. (I did sow some cucumber but only one has grown so i might go and get some of those.
Hudge planted the leeks in deep round holes which he filled with water, a la instructions.


and a couple of rows of parsnips.  We planted climbing french beans around the poles, and sugar snap peas one side and french beans the other, sowed some more carrots, radish, lettuce and chard. we will have a feast. 
The allotments are looking lush now. next year I plan to make a little film of the walk over the year t see the seasons change and the plants come and go. Should be fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment